A portable generator can be a very handy piece of machinery to own. They are used for portable electricity from an alternate source of fuel like gas, diesel, or propane, converting it to actual electric power.
Portable gas generators seem to be the most popular selling generator for the average consumer and are one of the first things to sell out during major natural disasters.
There are generators in many sizes and price ranges to cover what your needs are.
Here are some examples of uses for portable generators at generator centric’s website.
- Oxygen or medical life-saving equipment in your home would have a constant power source.
- No interruption from work if a person works from home on their computer.
- Keeps aquariums up and running so there is no loss of expensive fish and such.
- Electricity for your campsite or camper for a stove, bug zapper bulbs, air conditioning, fridge, etc.
- Electricity for a tailgate party for a slow cooker, television or radio.
- Electricity for your ice shack, heat is good, maybe a hotplate and small TV too.
- Take a pump and hose and flood the ice to make an ice skating rink.
- Electricity in the middle of a field for pumping out a pond or washing your horse or ATV.
- Cabin in the woods, for a light, when those spooky noises are outside your door.
- Power for your wedding reception in the forest or field. Music and lighting, how romantic
- The consumer can even purchase one and have it directly wired to their house so that it comes on automatically if there is a power outage.
- The consumer can purchase one small enough for a lamp and radio or large enough for a refrigerator, freezer, lamp, radio, and air conditioner.
The possibilities are endless with a portable generator, making it a good investment for anyone that purchases the best champion generator. Be certain to know what you are going to be using if for and that you purchase the one that will have the power output that you need.
Things you should consider before purchasing your generator would be — what are you going to use it for?
How much do you have to spend? Then you should look at if you’d prefer gas, propane, or diesel. The consumer should also keep in mind that a portable generator is a machine and will need to be checked and maintained as one would like all of your other fuel powered machines.